Our team of specialist insurance and reinsurance lawyers are widely recognised as key players in insurance and reinsurance law.
Each partner in our practice has over 20 years experience in the insurance market, which means we fully understand the environment in which you operate and the issues that you face. We have a broad range in experience of acting on industry wide issues, such as WTC claims and the financial institution losses emerging from US corporate collapses.
The issues we deal with often result in complex legal advice and equally complex litigation and arbitration proceedings. Consequently, across the team there is substantial experience of major UK and international insurance and reinsurance dispute resolution procedures, across all classes of business.
We develop strong client relationships and understand that you want to avoid getting into litigation. By providing efficient, practical and early advice with alternative solutions, we can help you do this. We are advocates of, and regularly use, alternative dispute resolution methods including mediation, arbitration and negotiation.
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Reinsurance disputes involving defence or recovery work in various jurisdictions
- Insurance and Reinsurance coverage advice on a wide range of policy types and business areas including: financial institutions, casualty, directors & officers, errors & omissions, business interruption, property and personal accident
- Dispute Resolution - considerable multi jurisdictional litigation, arbitration, mediation and other ADR experience
- Policy interpretation advice addressing issues such as aggregation, claims co-operation and control, limitation, follow the settlements, avoidance/cancellation
- Claims recovery, subrogation, contribution, avoidance, cancellation and fraudulent claims investigation/handling experience
- Commutation drafting, review and negotiation
- Advising on the interpretation of coverholder/binding authorities and disputes
- Claims for and against producing and placing brokers
- Professional indemnity, directors and officers and errors and omission advice
- All aspects of managing a portfolio that is in run-off including coverage advice and investigation and debt management
- Inspections guidance, support and assistance
- Dispute Resolution & debt recovery - including all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Solvent Schemes and Part VII Transfers
- Advising during FSA investigations
- Advising on compliance issues (including Treating Customers Fairly)
- Non-contentious Insurance and Reinsurance
- Development of new products for insurers, reinsurers and financial institutions
- Corporate, transactional, and regulatory insurance advice