Partner, Antitrust & Competition
“We consistently win praise for our commercial and expert antitrust and regulatory advice in industries ranging from utilities & infrastructure, to financial services, to hotels, to consumer products. My commitment to excellence, client service and sector insight is absolute, and my experience with the UK Competition and Markets Authority is central to this.”
- Partner in BLP’s award-winning global antitrust & competition team, based in London.
- Advises on all aspects of competition law and regularly counsels clients on merger control, investigations, commercial deals, abuse of dominance and compliance.
- 10+ years’ experience advising on antitrust and regulatory issues in the aviation, energy, rail and water sectors.
- Significant financial services experience including advising on the global Foreign Exchange investigations and various FCA matters.
- Major clients include: Banking Corporations, Fairmont Hotels, Ferrero International, Morgan Stanley, National Grid, ScottishPower, S T Aerospace, Sumitomo Mitsubishi and Thames Water.
- James spent six months with the UK Competition and Markets Authority where he helped develop the new antitrust regime and the regulated sector antitrust procedure.
Contributing author to the Financial Regulation: Emerging Themes in 2017 publication – a practical review of financial services regulation this year. Essential reading for legal, risk and compliance professionals working for UK-based firms.