Partner, Dubai, Head of Corporate UAE
Ibrahim joined the firm's Dubai office in early 2017 to set up and spearhead the development of the Firm’s UAE Corporate and Commercial practice. Ibrahim was admitted as a solicitor of Sudan and joined Dentons in March 1996 as a corporate and commercial lawyer. He worked as an in-house counsel for GE Energy, Contractual Services, Africa, India and the Middle East from 2005 and re-joined Dentons in 2007. He has extensive experience in UAE and the Middle East, and has participated in major transactions in the UAE and across the Gulf region, North Africa and India.
Ibrahim’s experience ranges from joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions to liquidations, bankruptcy and re-structuring. His corporate practice is predominantly focused on the energy and telecommunication sectors. He has reviewed major agreements for compliance and legal due diligence. He also advised on major projects in water, wastewater, electricity and oil and gas sectors with an excellent banking background. He has also been involved in drafting and negotiating power generation, EPC contracts for power plants, long term service agreements and operation and maintenance agreements. He can also advise on corporate governance and compliance issues.
Ibrahim recently advised:
- Advising CIMERWA on a subscription and sale of shares in Ciments Du Rwanda Limited (Cimerwa Limited), including share transfer, share subscription and shareholder agreements.
- Advising a global healthcare company on the reorganisation of its presence in the UAE. This included dealing with foreign ownership issues and providing innovative solutions to transfer a large number of employees.
- Advising a regional real estate developer, a large regional real estate developer, on their group reorganisation including complex property foreign ownership issues and equity foreign ownership issues.
- Advising a German manufacturer on its acquisition of a stake in an insulation manufacturing company and subsequent joint venture arrangements with an Abu Dhabi LLC, including all related intellectual property and technology agreements.
- Advising a UAE Conglomerate (confidential) on a proposed JV investment in the defence sector, conducting due diligence on the business to be transferred to the JV.
- Advising a global sportswear company on its JV projects in Jordan and Africa, including advising on the appropriate structures and drafting and negotiating the relevant agreements and documentation.
- Advised a Dubai bank on the finance of the extension and renovation of one of Dubai’s largest shopping centres.
- Advised an international advertising agency on the restructuring of its business in the Middle East and relocation of its business to the Dubai Media City.
- Worked as a member of a large team of lawyers on the privatisation of the electricity and water sector in the Sultanate of Oman and reviewed major contracts.
- Member of a team of lawyers advising the government of one of the emirates in the UAE on the de-regulation of the water and electricity sector in the emirate including the drafting of regulations and the privatisation of the government owned corporation.
Advised a European airlines company on regulatory issues in the UAE. Also advised on its online sales programme and the appointment of a GSA in the UAE.
- Writing, on annual basis, the country assessment of the UAE for listing the UAE in the in the Rule of Law Index issued by the World Justice Project.
- Writing- annually- the UAE section of the World Bank's report on "Doing Business".
- Writing- annually- the Dubai legal section of "The Report" issued by the Oxford Business Group.
- Writing- annually- the UAE section of the "Employment Law Review" issued by the Business Law Research.
- Co-writing, annually, the UAE section of the "Corporate Governance Review" issued by the Business Law Research.
- Co-writing, on annual basis, the UAE section of the "Real Estate Law Review" issued by the Business Law Research.