Partner, Contentious Construction & Engineering and International Arbitration
David is a partner in the firm's specialist Contentious Construction & Engineering and International Arbitration practices. He has over 18 years’ experience advising clients on major international construction, energy and infrastructure projects around the world. Sectors of particular expertise include off-shore and on-shore oil and gas, power, water, road and rail/metro projects. David acts for many of Asia’s leading EPC Contractors both onshore and offshore. He advises on the drafting and negotiation of standard form and bespoke construction and engineering contracts as well as all forms of dispute resolution.
David has advised on energy and infrastructure projects across the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Qatar, Jordan, Oman), North Africa (Morocco, Algeria), Central Asia (Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia), South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) and SE Asia (Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos, Singapore, Myanmar).
He has represented clients in international arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA, SIAC, ICSID and UNCITRAL rules. David also sits as arbitrator in construction and engineering disputes and is recognised by Legal 500 as an arbitration specialist whose 'dedication is key to achieving success'.
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) Reserve Panel - Arbitrator
- London Court of International Arbitration (“LCIA”) Asia Pacific Users’ Council - Member
- Dubai International Financial Centre ("DIFC") Court - Admitted to practice
- Panel of the Qatar International Centre for Conciliation and Arbitration (“QICCA”) - Arbitrator
- Panel of the Ulaanbaatar Chamber of Commerce (“UBCC”) Arbitration Centre, Mongolia - Arbitrator
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation (“DRBF”) – Member
- International Bar Association – Member
- Society of Construction Law (London, Gulf and Singapore) – Member
- Technology and Construction Solicitors Association, London – Member