Partner, Moscow, Head of Corporate/M&A Practice
Anton heads the Corporate / M&A Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP from its inception. He has supervised M&A, PE and JV deals in various sectors, with particular emphasis on energy / natural resources, real estate and infrastructure, retail and consumer goods, banking and finance, TMT, and industrial manufacturing.
Anton has handled a number of corporate restructuring projects, including pre-IPO and / or pre-private equity scenarios involving due diligence on groups of companies, risk identification, development of solutions for optimising corporate structures and implementation of restructuring programmes. Read more information about Anton's experience.
For several years running, Anton Sitnikov has been recommended by The European Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, Who's Who Legal: CIS in the Corporate / M&A, Energy & Natural Resources and Restructuring. The Legal 500 EMEA 2016 writes: "Anton Sitnikov has great control over issues and displays excellent team management".Chambers Europe 2018 writes that "Anton Sitnikov is recognised by clients for his in-depth understanding of the Russian market. Clients note that he is "extremely client-oriented and pragmatic and always tries to achieve exactly what clients want, regardless of the budget, deadline or scope"".IFLR1000 notes that Anton is "Very good in deal structuring, negotiations and strategy." Anton was also selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Russia 2009-2019 Editions in the fields of Corporate / M&A Law, Competition / Antitrust Law, Insolvency & Reorganisation Law. Anton was listed among Leading Lawyers in Financial & Corporate and Energy & Infrastructure by IFLR1000 2014-2018.
The Corporate / M&A Practice headed by Anton Sitnikov has won several awards recently:
- #1 M&A legal advisor in Russia by deal count – Mergermarket League Tables H1 2018.
- #1 M&A legal advisor in Russia by deal count – Mergers.Ru H1 2018.
- Business Law Firm of the Year - M&A / 2017 Corporate LiveWire M&A Awards
- Russia Law Firm of the Year / 2016 M&A Atlas Awards;
- Top-3 International Law Firm in Russia for M&A deals - Russia M&A Awards 2016;
- The Best International Law Firm in the Russian PE Industry 2014 award for the firm within the VI Russian PE Congress.
- A Top-3 M&A legal advisor in Russia by deal count, according to Mergermarket League Tables, 2016.
Anton is a partner within our Moscow office.