Partner, Head of Asia Real Estate and Infrastructure - Global Head of Hotels Group*
“Andrew is recognised for his expertise in the hospitality sector and is also well placed to advise on mixed-use projects and infrastructure developments.” - Chambers and Partners 2017
A market-leader in the Real Estate, Hospitality and Project sectors, Andrew has extensive experience in dealing with infrastructure developments, mixed-use and hospitality & leisure projects. During his 25 years in Asia he has been representing developers, owners, institutional investors, governments and statutory corporations. His practice involves projects throughout Asia and he is best known for his work across Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland China, Vietnam and Thailand.
- Represents developers, owners, institutional investors, governments and statutory corporations.
- Extensive experience in dealing with infrastructure developments and mixed-use projects including drafting and negotiating the full range of commercial agreements required for such projects.
- Regularly advises on the drafting and negotiation of hotel management and related agreements and has been involved in transactions (acting primarily for owners) involving more than 50 hotel and lodging brands. These include the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Intercontinental, Sofitel, Grand Hyatt, Aman, Shangri-la, St. Regis, W, Sheraton, Regent, Mandarin Oriental, Six Senses, Meridien, Novotel and other brands for hotels and serviced apartments.
- Regular writer on hotel topics and a regular presenter and moderator at hotel and real estate conferences.
- Co-chairs the Asian Hospitality Development Council for ULI (Urban Land Institute). He chairs the M&A Deal of The Year Awards at HICAP and sits on the advisory board of HICAP.
- Has been a long-standing member of the HK General Chamber’s RE & Infrastructure Committee.