The Queen’s Speech sets out the government’s agenda for the coming season, outlining the policies and legislation. In this article, I review what the Queen’s Speech means for tax practitioners and specifically focus on the following questions:
- Which Bills announced in the Queen's Speech will have a tax impact?
- Are there any items that you are particularly concerned with, or that could cause unintended consequences?
- Is there anything that has been eagerly awaited?
- What should lawyers take note of? Is there anything they should do now to prepare for these changes?
- What is the proposed timeline on the most important changes for tax practitioners?
- Do you have any predictions for the future?
The full Article 'Tax and the Queen's Speech 2015' was first published on Lexis@PSL on 4 June 2015.