Further to recent announcements by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), that competitive green energy auctions have led to contracts being offered to 27 renewable electricity projects, I considers the pros and cons of green energy and contracts for difference (CfD) auctions, and the lesson learnt.
Within the article, I also look at:
- What are green energy auctions/CfD auctions and how do they work?
- What are the pros and cons of competitive green energy auctions?
- Which projects and organisations have been offered contracts? Have certain technologies been favoured?
- What lessons can be learned from this first auction and will we see more of these?
- What should lawyers advising in this area take note of and what should they advise their clients?
The full article 'Going going gone' was first published on Lexis®PSL Environment on 12 March 2015.